Tuesday, December 16, 2008

And now for you, Gail Z., and all other curious ones.

I had out patient arthroscopic knee surgery on 12/10 - and I've been in pain ever since the novocaine wore off!!

To say this was painful post-op recovery is like saying the Sistene Chapel is a finger painting. Both observations are inaccurate and gross under statements. Although I have to say that at least I am seeing a lessening of pain as the days go by.

But using crutches for any attempt at walking is a must. And I can't live without an ice bag! Forget drugs - they don't touch the pain! The doc finally gave me a cortisone shot today and that has helped. But so has the distance from surgery. I did tell the doc that in spite of everything I still liked him. He replied that he had heard that earlier in the day. Maybe he should listen????

1 comment:

Elaine said...

We hope you are feeling better! We've been keeping up with updates through Terry and have thought of you often. Please let us know if we can help in any way. Merry Christmas!